With only two weeks to go until the GDPR enforcement date, there really is no better time to brush up on your GDPR knowledge.
GDPR will come into effect from May 25th, 2018, by which time all organisations who are based with the EU, or handle information of customers who reside within the EU must become compliant.
If you fail to meet GDPR compliancy, you will be subject of fines up to £20million, or 4% of your global turnover (whichever is higher).
Some of the key privacy and data protection requirements of GDPR include:
– Requiring the consent of subjects for data processing
– Requiring parental consent if the subject is 16 or under
– Anonymising collected data to protect privacy
– Providing data breach notifications
– Safely handling the transfer of data across borders
For a more in-depth look at GDPR why not download our free GDPR Introduction Whitepaper